Monday, October 1, 2007

view from below
view from above

great view


better view! How awesome is she!



Hi, Today was a free day. We woke up late and had breakfast and then walked down to the silk market. This is where all the knock off stuff is and just about anything else you would want. I was able to secure my chairman mao watches, some silk or what they told me was silk, dresses, the grandmas got some shirts and we bought a bunch of shoes. More to come when we go with the bus as we need a suitcase for Lauren. Not too much excitement other then the grandmas trying to bargain with the sellers. I was able to do fairly well as what they asked for the stuff and what I paid were far apart. I used the line, my bus is leaving so thats my last offer quite a few times! Worked like a charm.

The sales people would grab your arm and one grabbed the stroller with Lauren in it and pulled and that set me off a bit so they backed right down. Other then that a slow relaxing day.
We are off on the hutong tour tomorrow. We go through old section of Beijing on rickshaws then to a guys house for tea and fighting crickets apparently, more on that later. It was nice not to have to do anything today but we are looking forward to being at home on Saturday October 6th. We land at 6pm in Toronto. Thanks and sorry for the boring post today.








3 comments:

Unknown said...

Knee How Worsleys!!! Happy Belated Birthday Ken. It's been so great reading all about your adventures. The Grandma stories are hilarious. Enjoy the rest of your trip. The pictures are wonderful. The story about Lia giving her special puppy to Lauren when she is upset was so special. I've done a lot of crying while reading this blog!!!
All the best
Denise

Louise said...

BORING???-your blog is the highlight of my week!! Sounds like great fun bartering...and it's nice to have those free days too. We did the Hutong tour on a very cold day (Jan.) and loved it!!
Happy belated birthday Ken. Enjoy your time as you wind your way towards home. You're coming home to some lovely Thanksgiving weather.
Cheers-Louise and Olivia

Catherine Casserly said...

Worseleys,
I am so happy that our Susan shared your blog address. I love the pictures and your view of China. No wonder I am going back for the third time. And how wonderful to see your family expanding. Maggie and Georgia will be very happy to meet their newest cousin.
Catherine